Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Birthdays!

Saturday was my brother's birthday and today is my mother's birthday, so this weekend has been filled with love, presents and lots of cake!  Ah, cake.  It's definitely one of my downfalls.  Who doesn't love a piece of sweet cake with gooey frosting?

We celebrate the birthdays separately, so that means two cakes.  Kyle requested a Vanilla Cake and Mom wanted "nothing" so I prepared one of her favorites - an Upside-Down Pineapple Cake.  With the help of a trusty Google search, I found a way to make both of them happy while not ruining all of my hard work.

You will need:
  • Box of cake mix
  • 2 egg whites
  • 10 ounces of diet soda
Mix together, bake for the time allotted on the box and...THE END!  Seriously...it's that easy!  For Kyle, I used vanilla cake mix and vanilla creme soda.  For Mom, I used pineapple cake mix and lemon-lime soda.  I know my husband would love a chocolate and cherry cola cake or a vanilla and root beer cake.  The possibilities, just like with my Strawberry Pie, are endless.

For Kyle's, I also whipped up a super decadent and creamy vanilla frosting that beats any canned frosting I've ever had.  Here's a BONUS recipe for you!

You will need:
  • 1 tub of fat-free Cool Whip
  • 1 cup of skim milk
  • 1 box of fat-free sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
Mix together, let sit until frosting consistency, spread on and ENJOY!



For Mom, I sprinkled brown sugar and pecans on the bottom of a sprayed pan.  I then decorated with lots of pineapple and maraschino cherries and poured the batter over - just like with any other Upside-Down Pineapple Cake.  Who says that low-calorie means more work?



There you have it, yet another easy recipe from my kitchen to yours!  Not indulging in full fat cakes and eating Lean Cuisine pizzas instead of Sam's Club pizza were definitely two non-scale victories for me!
Before I leave you, let me wish two very important people very happy birthdays!


KYLE - I am so proud to call you not only my brother, but my friend as well.  It has been a pure blessing to see you grow into the man you are and I cannot wait to see what your future holds.


MOMMA - You have grown into one of my closest friends and I thank God for you each and every day.  Without you, I would be nothing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!  I LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY!


Until the next mani, stay puzzled and polished!

<3m



No comments:

Post a Comment